- Dish Network
- $103,330.00 -127,920.00/year*
158 8th Ave
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service Sling TV that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win it s in our DNA. We re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
A successful General Manager, Research & Insights will have the following:
- Bachelors degree (B.A.) and 12 + years of industry experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience..
- Strong knowledge of national media measurement and currencies, research methodologies and advanced advertising best practices e.g. addressable, programmatic.
- Experience working with audience measurement tools (Nielsen, comScore); syndicated data (GfkMRI, Simmons, Scarborough.)
- Knowledge of analytics/forecasting platforms (e.g.Lake5 Media).
- Background creating compelling stories that drive sales strategy using various sources of data.
- Ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant and actionable insights.
- Solid presentation and client interaction skills.
- Experience with Digital Video / TV metrics and familiarity with how TV media buying works.
DISH s Media Sales team is an innovative, passionate and fun group working hard and finding reward in radically changing TV advertising. We are based out of New York City, with offices in Chicago, Denver and Los Angeles. The Data and Analytics teams are the backbone of DISH Media Sales. We work with the largest continuous set-top-box data set in the industry and provide advertisers with a way to deliver addressable advertising at national scale.
The General Manager, Research & Insights reports directly to the SVP Dish Media. The position supports the entire Dish Media team with media research, analytics, consumer/campaign insights and industry intelligence. The role is responsible for vendor review and management of all research resources to support sales strategy and drive revenue; leads a team that is responsible for media analytics, and reporting; positioning the value of adverting solutions; and translates market research into insightful and compelling sales stories that position the core assets of Dish Media, Dish and SlingTV, as a must-buy.
- Responsible for top-line analytics and reporting of national and DISH television viewership trends, including forecasting audience delivery for guaranteed deals, stewardship and post campaign reporting.
- Oversee vendor selection and negotiation of Dish Media s licensed research services to support sales strategy and drive revenue. This includes quantitative, qualitative, competitive intelligence, 3rd party data and sales prospecting tools.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in media research best practices and is a point-of-contract for corporate-wide research requests encompassing viewership, industry insights and competitive market intelligence.
- Work with sales leadership and marketing to develop off-the-shelf research materials and leverage resources for media kits, upfronts and custom presentations.
- Collaborates with GM of Data Integrations & Partnerships on identifying and selecting key targeting and attribution partners
- Monitors and evaluates industry and market trends using Dish Media tools and other resources; reports key findings to sales leadership and other department leads.
- Leads, coaches and motivates research team members on projects that compile, analyze and interpret data.
- Develops team members to translate research findings into concise and effective customized presentations and marketing pieces.
- Some travel required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
#LI-BF1* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.