- New York
- $39,570.00 -62,650.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
158 8th Ave
Experienced kitchen manager wanted for established Chelsea gastropub!
We are on the hunt for an experienced and enthuiastic Kitchen Manager to oversee the daily operations of our established gastropub located in the heart of Chelsea. As the kitchen manager, you will be responsible for a hands on role training and overseeing staff, menu development, monitoring inventory levels as well as the health and hygiene of the kitchen.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have proven culinary and management experience. In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should also demonstrate outstanding leadership and organizational abilities.
Please note that this is position involves working 5 shifts per week on the line.Responsibilities:
- Recruit and train kitchen employees in designated stations.
- Menu development and seasonal changes
- Monitor inventory levels and perform weekly inventory assessments.
- Oversee the food preparation and cooking process.
- Store all food products in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and organized.
- Bachelor s degree in Restaurant Management or certification from culinary school is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations.
- Ability to work well in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
Please submit an updated r sum . We look forward to hearing from you!
More detail about New York, please visit
Associated topics: assistant restaurant manager, conference, day shift manager, deli manager, frontend, gm, night manager, operations manager, restaurant general manager, shift leader
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...