- $68,720.00 -95,530.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
178 Dupont St
As one of Upstate New York's fastest growing urgent care providers we are focused on providing excellent opportunities for professionals that demonstrate a continual commitment to the highest quality, patient-centered care, in a warm and friendly setting.
As a reflection of our continued growth, we have an exciting opening to join our team as a Travelling X-Ray Technician.
Are you a friendly and motivated X-Ray Technician, with the ability to help treat patients quickly and kindly?
As a WellNow X-Ray Technician team member you will be a part of a team that is dedicated to improving the delivery and quality of healthcare to our Urgent Care patients, while being part of a medical community in which you are supported in your growth as a medical professional.
We offer competitive pay and exceptional benefits that include:
- Free urgent care visits for employee and immediate family members!
- 401K plan with generous company match!
- Monthly bonus opportunity, with ability to earn up to an additional $3,000 per year!
We are seeking a friendly and motivated traveling X-Ray Technician to join our practice. This person will be a part of a team that is dedicated to improving the delivery and quality of healthcare to our urgent care patients. Training will be provided for these elements of the position. POSITION WILL REQUIRE FLOATING BETWEEN ANY OF OUR WNY LOCATIONS.
- The X-Ray Technologist greets and registers patients
- Answers and appropriately triages phone calls
- Prepares patients for radiological procedures and conducts x-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety
- The X-Ray Technologist uses a variety of radiation protection and shielding materials
- Ensures radiology equipment is functioning appropriately and reports equipment malfunctions to the department head
- Logs radiologic procedures
- Obtains pre-authorization from insurance companies for CT scans
- The X-Ray Technologist ensures all radiographs achieve a radiographic interpretation by our teleradiology company
- Clarifies discrepancy radiology readings with the medical provider
- Cleans and stocks the site with other members of the team
- The X-Ray Technologist performs basic medical assisting/occupational medicine technician duties to ensure proper patient flow
- Travel to any and all of the WellNow/Five Star locations to complete weekly full time hours
Minimum Education and Experience
- Understanding of the anatomy and physiology necessary to perform x-ray testing, including body mechanics and patient movement
- Knowledge of radiology equipment, including safety hazards common to radiology.
- Capability to identify equipment issues and troubleshoot problems
- Capacity to apply written instructions and standardized work practices and protocols
- Ability to perform all job duties with no accommodations, including lift up to 50 pounds, repeatedly bend and twist, and standing for up to 10-12 hours daily
- Friendly and outstanding customer service skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Basic computer skills, including the use of multiple Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
Required License or Certification:
- Completion of an accredited Radiologic Technology program
- ARRT Licensure in Radiologic Technology or Completion of Radiologic Technology program
- Active New York State Licensure in Radiologic Technology
APPLY NOW at ...@fivestaruc.com for immediate consideration to join our growing team and start your career journey with WellNow!
WellNow is an EOE
Associated topics: cardiac, cath laboratory, catheterization, ct technologist, mri, ndt, rad, radiologic, scan, x ray
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...